The farmhouse style decor is all the rage right now and I just cannot get enough of it! Especially when it is a mix of wood and metals! But our budget wont allow me to splurge for some of the must have pieces. So, I headed to the hardware store and got busy making my own version of these sought after farmhouse pieces. I love how they came out even more since I put it together with my own two hands. These farmhouse chicken wire frames were so simple and easy to put together that I am not sure why I waited so long to do it.
What you need:
- 1 1x4x8 wood planks
- Wood Stain with rag
- 4 - 4in L brackets. They came in packs of 4 with screws
- Chicken wire
- Spray paint. I used a black hammered paint for a rustic look.
- Wire cutters
- Staple gun with staples.
- Green wreath (Optional)
1. Cut wood plank into 4 18in pieces. (Cut all pieces the same size, when assembling it will create a rectangle.)
2. Sand edges to make planks smooth.
3. Stain each piece on all side. Let dry completely. Overnight is best.
4. Spray paint brackets and screws.
4. Once dry, arrange pieces into desired look.
5. Using the L brackets, attach edges of pieces to secure in place.
6. Flip frame over and measure and cut chicken wire to fit back of frame.
7. Using the staple gun, attach the wire to the back of the frame.
8. Optional: Using ribbon attach green wreath. You could also use any small wreath to fit the season. Leave empty to hold Christmas cards. Use a painted wood letter for another option. Possibilities are endless.