This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HelloFreshPics #CollectiveBias #CBias
Cooking has never come easy to me. I am not one to just think up random recipes off the top of my head or throw ingredients together for a meal on a whim. Being a stay at home mom, cooking meals is something that I've had to learn how to do. Now, that my boys are getting older, their stomachs are growing too and they are eating a lot more then they used to. Keeping up with their likes and dislikes for meals is stressful in itself but add in the task of actually figuring out what to make, it makes dinnertime my least favorite time of the day. Then I discovered HelloFresh and everything changed. For the better.
HelloFresh allows me to prepare and cook a nutritionally balanced meal that I can be excited to serve my family. Each HelloFresh box comes with everything I need to cook 3 meals for my family of 4 including fresh produce, pantry staples, and even choice cuts of meat. Step by step recipe cards with photos and nutritional information are also included to help me cook each meal perfectly. Which I love because I need all the help I can get!
Earlier this year, HelloFresh teamed up with Jamie Oliver to bring amazing restaurant quality recipes to your dinner table that you can make on your own. You will not believe how much time this has saved me during the week. Especially when we are short on time with after school practices or teacher conferences. Plus, with HelloFresh, my meals planned out for me so I no longer have to stress about what to make for dinner and let me tell you, this has been a HUGE relief!
Monday we dined on Jamie's Oozy Shrimp Risotto with a spring mix salad and even a homemade vinaigrette dressing. Who knew I could create something so delicious and beautiful and under 30 minutes! Talk about a major improvement from my amateur culinary skills.
The next night was one of my boys absolute favorite meals! Crispy chicken, roasted brown butter corn, and tomato and cucumber salad. A perfect end of summer-let's bring on fall dinner. This meal was so easy to make and the directions were so simple to follow, I don't know why I was so scared of the kitchen before. Plus, the step by step guides not only help me, but my little chefs are able to help and follow along too.
We finished up the week with Roasted Pork with balsamic fig sauce, fresh green beans, and rosemary potatoes. The recipe steps are very easy to follow, especially for this beginner, and they make it so simple to recreate these amazing dinner ideas. I felt like a professional chef using these ingredients I would have never thought twice to use. My boys, and my hubby, were so thrilled to sit down at the dinner table to something amazing that I "created".
Now that we have dinner covered for the week, I kept our HelloFresh menu ideas organized on a vintage chalkboard menu board I created from an old cabinet door. It was very easy to make and makes the question of "what's for dinner?" a little easier to answer.
What you need:
- Old cabinet door
- chalkboard paint
- craft paint
- paint brushes
- heavy duty magnets
- strong adhesive (liquid nails worked best for me)
- sand paper
1. Clean cabinet door to remove any dust, dirt, debris, etc.
2. Spray paint the center of the cabinet door with the chalkboard paint. Once dry, add a second coat.
3. Once center is dry, using painters tape and newspaper, tape off the center of the door to leave the edges exposed only.
4. Using the craft paint, paint the front and sides of the cabinet. I purposely left streaks and blotches along the edges to get a rough textured feel. Once dry, add a second coat.
5. Once dry, sand the edges down to allow the wood below to show through.
6. Once the frame is how you want, flip over and attach the heavy duty magnets with a strong adhesive. Let sit overnight to ensure a secure bond.
7. Using chalk, chalkboard markers, vinyl decals, or stickers, pretty much anything, add what ever you'd like it to say, menu, dinner, weekly meals, etc. I chose to add "What's for dinner?"
8. Hang on your fridge and write out your menu for the week with regular chalk.
Ready to get out of the dinner rut and try HelloFresh yourself? Head to HelloFresh, choose your recipes for the week and get ready for your personally prepared box to arrive. It's that simple. Plus use code TONIT35 for $35.00 off your first box and never stress over dinner again!
What are you waiting for?!? Head over to HelloFresh to learn more, pick your plan, and get started. Plus, don't forget about the coupon code, TONIT35, for $35.00 off your first box. Get started today!!!